31 July 2010

Our Wedding Day Journal

I have had the most wonderful afternoon/evening of my life. I feel like crying thinking about how perfect it all was. My Husband was amazing! My favourite part of our Wedding Day was seeing Danial at the end of the isle waiting for me. My second favourite part of the day was when my parents saw me for the first time in my wedding dress in the hotel room with the girls. Mum couldn’t stop smiling as tears welled in her eyes when she came out to see me on the balcony in my blue halter top dress with my makeup completed by Sara and final pieces of hair around the veil were being secured with spray by Alyssa. I felt beautiful all afternoon. Dad came in ten minutes before the ceremony and he calmly took in our moment when he arrived looking at the details in our dresses and hair and the sweetly smelling dozen roses send to me by my FiancĂ©. My Matrons were radiating and looked stunning in their dresses with their makeup and hair done and matching jewellery. They loved their gold pendant gifts Danial and I chose for them. The girls were so excited and said they felt like they were getting married all over again. A few photos in the room, then, it was time. Deep breath.


As we walked out the door to the front balcony I noticed for the first time how perfect the day outside was; beautiful sunshine, a few clouds, slight breeze, and 27 degrees. So, I gathered up my dress and I slowly walked down the stairs with my Dad and my Matrons. I was so happy. We walked past the pool to the bottom of the ramp just outside the double doors of the Outdoor Decking of the Ceremony and my girls were excitedly giggling with anticipation as I had been before Dad arrived, but as I stood next to him at the foot of the ramp, I was calm and at peace observing how proud he was. He took my arm and patted my hand lovingly as he always does and I was ready. Danial’s and my song began, and slowly the girls walked up one at a time. Deep breath.

All my family and our friends were inside and I couldn’t get to Danial quick enough, but I tried to slowly move and take it all in, trying to spot every face of my family, Danial’s family, our friends, then my girls, Dan’s guys, and then, my Danial. I felt like he had already made me feel like a princess all day and I hadn’t even seen him. He looked so handsome in his suit and tie and proud with his boys waiting for me. The closer I came to him, the more excited I became and I was not going to hold back my emotions. I love your smile baby, and looking into your eyes made me melt. Danial too was excited, but nervous, until I was next to him.



A few tears of excitement came, but no need for tissues, today we were celebrating!! To have Sandra read at our ceremony was very special to us and the wording of “What Makes a Good Marriage” was perfect.

“What makes a good marriage?

A good marriage must be created. Never being too old to hold hands. Having a mutual sense of values and common objectives. Remembering to say "I love you". Never going to sleep angry. Standing together to face the world. Forming a circle of love that gathers in the whole family. Speaking words of appreciation and demonstrating gratitude in thoughtful ways. Having the capacity to forgive and forget. Giving each other an atmosphere in which each other can grow. Finding room for things of the spirit. A common search for the good and the beautiful in life. Not only finding the right partner. Being the right partner."

- Denise Lacey - Centacare Melbourne

Saying our vows came naturally to both of us and we both felt confident and calm looking into each others eyes in front of our witnesses. We love wearing our wedding bands. Pam our Celebrant was wonderful. Her words were perfect and the ceremony was over before we knew it. We were elated to be pronounced “Husband and Wife” and to kiss each other as a married couple for the first time. Yey! Woot Woot!! We have never been so happy.

Kal, the video recording was fantastic. I finished watching all of it, yes all of it. Thank you for your steady hands and great framing. And OMG how much fun was it taking our photos Bridal Party!?! Stephen and Hayley, you guys are incredibly gifted with your talent for seeing things and capturing moments perfectly. And the slideshow you put together to show during the reception will be cherished by us forever. I rewound the video and watched it 3 times straight. The locations worked out beautifully. Stephen will be putting it on his website at www.stephenlanephotography.com so keep an eye out for it in the coming days/weeks.

Our welcome into the Reception was so much fun as well. So many happy people on their feet. The room looked better than how I imagined it would. The lights around the centrepiece sticks and the Table Cards were wonderful features, and finally our Bookmark gifts to our guests with the reading above by Denise. It was just stunning.

The food from the Mecure Inn was lovely and the Chocolate and White Chocolate Mudcake Cake looked perfect as well, but we didn’t get a chance to taste it on the night so Karen put four huge slices into a deep throw away container for us to have late.


The music the whole night also was entertaining. I loved the introduction excerpts for the speeches; very fitting for all. My Dad’s speech was very moving and I felt incredibly loved hearing the little things they remember about me growing up. I know Danial and I are much loved by my family and that I will always have a special place in my parent’s hearts. Ditto Mummy and Daddy. Grandma’s and Paul’s speeches were also very moving and heart felt. We appreciated your loving words and humorous stories of Danial’s childhood, some wonderful traits that I love of the Garrett Family, and for the record Paul, Danial is the most handsome of you two brothers :D . Maureen and Neil, I can now officially call you my parents! You mean the world to us and your love and support have strengthened Danial to be man he is today and us as a couple. Thank you.

Without rewriting Danial’s speech, we would like to again thank the many guests who came to share our day and for your gifts and loving words. In particular we would like to thank our Bridal Party once more for all of your love and support over the years. Steve, Roland and Paulie, you guys have been amazing family to us. You are our brothers and we love your friendship. Fi, Bel and Em, I am proud to say that I know the true meaning of sister friendships. Though there is geographical distance between us all, you are always close to us.

It was sad saying goodbye at the end of the night, but also exciting that our new journey was about to begin. Though 3 months of fun is ahead of us, the day we were legally Mr and Mrs, has been the most perfect of our lives and we are excited and dreaming big to continue our journey of life together as Husband and Wife.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dan-ev/ Share/Bookmark

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Love you heaps Eve and Danial. Thank you for sharing all your thoughts and feelings with us, it was a beautiful day that we'll all cherish forever, and it was such a blessing to be a part of it all.
Keep us posted! Em x x x

+Bel Johnstone+ said...

Oh what a wonderful day! Kal and I have taken away so many fond memories. We were so happy to be such a close part of it all. All the best guys! xxxx

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful journal entry. Won't your kids love reading that when you are 80! You look so happy and radiant in your photo and so glad that your day was wonderful....a wonderful wedding and now you begin the journey of a wonderful marriage. Enjoy! Love Denise

Anonymous said...

WOW whatelse is there to say. By readding your journal I could picture every moment. Congrats again on becoming Mr & Mrs. Leanne

Kayla's Mum said...

Perfect Day! I watched the video of mine and Dan's wedding the other day - HECK the ceremony was loooong!! Wish we had went with Pam for our wedding - short and sweet! =)(Tho I don't think she was a JP then.)

Aunty Sam did a great job with MCing too - and the photo slideshow was totally awesome! Are we able to get a copy of it somehow?

Hope you enjoyed the hens night as well - I sure had a blast! xx

Di said...

Thanks for the lovey letter describing your wedding day.I feel that I was with you on you special day.Safe traveling.lve Di xxxx

Di said...

Thanks for the lovely letter describing your wedding day. I feel that was with you on your special day.Safe traveling.Di xxxx

Toni Mehigan said...

I can't believe I missed the day Evelyn and Dan, but so glad to see a beautiful picture of you both, so very happy.
You look radiant Ev.
Congratulations to you both and have a wonderful honeymoon.
Toni and Rob Mehigan